Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mother and Child

I finished one of my figures of Mary. I used a plastic lid from a jar of peanut butter for the base.
I am doing the necks of my figures a little differently than the directions. The directions say to wrap yarn around and around to cover the neck. I do a gather at both ends of the neck and tighten. The necks are too big if something is not done.
I also stuff the upper arms of the figures from shoulder to elbow.
I sewed Mary's hands to each other at the tips instead of stitching them to the skirt. This makes it easier for the baby to be inserted or removed from her arms. The baby can either be held by her or removed and placed in the manger.
I have gone with unconventional colors for the eyes and hair and have made them blue and red.
Again there was a LOT of sewing in the finishing of the piece, but it was so worth it!

1 comment:

Lil Knitter said...

I love the red hair and the blue eyes...they really make these pieces stand out. I never would've thought it.
I'm going to subscribe to your blog feed so I can see watch your progress. These are just too cute.