Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me :)


My husband baked me this cake for my birthday :) We have an odd assortment of pans so he used a square one for the bottom and a round one for the top. It is Spice cake with Cream Cheese icing. He also gave me a gift card to one of my favorite stores and is taking me to dinner at Red Robin this evening. I LOVE hamburgers!

My parents gave me this painting, done from an old photograph and painted by a friend of theirs. It shows my children, Suzanne and Andrew, many years ago when my daughter was still living. Unfortunately, she was killed in a car accident, in 1989, at the age of nine. Andrew had elected to stay home with me and I am grateful for that. I can absolutely tell you with certainty that you never completely get over losing a child. I will enjoy the painting and think of her with joy whenever I see it. My son is 26 now.


I had a lovely walk today. It was cold this morning at 12 degrees F., but was in the low 30's when I took my walk this afternoon. I even unzipped my jacket. I have adjusted my mile ticker at the bottom of the page to reflect the miles walked in 2008, not just since the ticker was uploaded.
Now that I have figured out how to upload photos maybe this blog won't be quite so boring :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that painting is priceless...
how wonderful

Aunt Kathy said...

Happy Birthday,

I love the painting, I;d love to have one of my kids and my grandson one day