Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Baby Surprise Jacket for C


I have finally gotten around to getting a pic of the Baby Surprise Jacket from Spun Out Designs, http://www.schoolhousepress.com/spunout.htm , I finished early this year. The original pattern is by Elizabeth Zimmerman.
I made a LOT of changes. The yarn is a fuzzy, bulky acrylic that I lost the labels on long ago. I meant to document the changes but never did and I could not begin to tell you exactly how the changes were made.
I decided I wanted it to be a pullover instead of a cardigan. I also wanted a two button placket at the neck to help with getting it on and off.
I lengthened the sleeves and added a wide band of ribbing at the wrist that can be turned up or down. I also added ribbing to the bottom of the sweater.
I added the hood from the Tomten Jacket, also by Elizabeth Zimmerman.
Lastly I added a handwarmer pocket on the front.
I think it is at least a size three. I have not had little ones around for a while.
We have a wedding coming up in September when my step-daughter is marrying the intended recipient's father.
Little C is seventeen months old now.

No comments: